Sponsorship Terms and Conditions
- These Sponsorship Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of the sponsorship offers detailed in the quotation or invoice by European Chamber of Digital Commerce (“We”, “Us” or “Our”), a company registered in The Netherlands under number 40530763, whose registered office is at Beechavenue 54-62 Poortgebouw), Schiphol-Airport, 1119 PW, to the person or business buying the sponsor possibility (you or “Sponsor”).
- You are deemed to have accepted these Sponsorship Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or pay our invoice or from the date of any performance of the services (whichever happens earlier) and these Sponsorship Terms and Conditions and our quotation or invoice are the entire agreement between us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf.
- “ECDC” shall refer to European Chamber of Digital Commerce and to each and any of the owners of web sites represented by ECDC;
- ECDC is committed to providing promotional activities regarding an event (“Event”) in benefit of Sponsor as specified in the invoice or quotation. Sponsor undertakes to pay the amount specified in the invoice to ECDC. This amount will be settled by means of a bank transfer to ECDC of which the details are stipulated in the invoice to be sent by ECDC.
- None of the statements of the contract surrenders any transmission of copyright or intellectual ownership of the Sponsor. During the term of this Agreement, Sponsor and ECDC shall be permitted to utilize each other’s name, acronym and logo for the sole purpose of promoting Sponsor’s support of the Event.
- Once paid, sponsor fees are non-refundable but transferable only. If Sponsor desires to reschedule his or her attendance at an Event, a registration is transferable to another Event so long as Sponsor provides ECDC with at least fifteen (15) days electronic (emailed) notice of the desire to transfer the registration. Sponsor’s rescheduled Event must take place within one (1) year from the original Event.
- ECDC reserves the right to cancel or postpone an Event at its sole discretion. If ECDC cancels or postpones an Event, Sponsor is entitled to participate in another ECDC Event. Fees paid by Sponsor for a canceled or postponed Event shall be applicable to any other comparable ECDC Event. In case there are no other comparable Events, then the full amount of sponsorship will be refunded. ECDC is not responsible for airline tickets, hotel costs, other tickets or payments, or any similar fee penalties or related or unrelated losses, costs and/or expenses Sponsor may incur or have incurred as a result of any trip cancellations or changes.
- Neither party shall be held liable or responsible to the other party nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement for failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement to the extent, and for so long as, such failure or delay is caused by or results from causes beyond the reasonable control of the affected party including but not limited to embargoes, inability to obtain services, labor, or materials or reasonable substitutes therefor, insurrections, strikes, lockouts or other labor disturbances, weather conditions, acts of God or acts, omissions or delays in acting by any public or private authority or by the other party.
- Parties agree that they shall attempt to resolve any dispute arising from this Agreement through mediation using one mediator, appointed by the President of the Court of Arbitration of the European Chamber of Digital Commerce. If mediation is not successful, the dispute shall be exclusively and finally settled under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules by one arbitrator, appointed by the President of the Court of Arbitration of the European Chamber of Digital Commerce. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. This Agreement shall be governed by the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts (2016) and, with respect to issues not covered by such Principles, by generally accepted principles of international commercial law.